[Biopython] Sigil color SOLID instead of transparent

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 3 09:24:02 UTC 2014

Hi Asma,

Note that in addition to transparency, with ReportLab (and other
vector image tools), the z-order is important for the final display.

IIRC, the default sigil colors ARE solid (unless you explicitly use
a transparent color via a ReportLab color with alpha transparency
set).

If you look at the "Feature sigils" example in the Tutorial, the
black central track axis is always visible above the sigils
(including the BIGARROW), while the background (optional)
grey track is always at the back.

http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial.html
http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/images/GD_sigils.png

Could you try to rephrase your question, or prepare an image
to illustrate what you want to achieve?

Thanks,

Peter