[Biopython] GenomeDiagram: scale down the the track

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 26 23:05:19 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 6:15 PM, Asma Riyaz <asmariyaz23 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using the multiple tracks example as my base, selecting only "gene"
> whose id exist in my list and hence I can see the white space to the left
> and right of the feature.
>
> I specified a lower "end" in gd_diagram.draw() but this shows up in such a
> way that everything after the end position is not displayed.

Yes, the start & end arguments are about which sub-region of the
linear sequence to draw.

> I have attached my figure below.
>
> My requirement, I want to show all the ids with an arrow sigil wherever it
> occurs on a genome(which I accomplished) BUT the arrows turn out to be too
> small to make sense of

The length of the sigils (here arrows) is determined by the length
of the feature (usually base pairs as we're normally drawing DNA),
relative to the length of the region shown.

If you want to make the arrows look longer, define a larger feature
location (e.g. if the feature is from 1000 to 1010, exaggerate and
use 900 to 1020 - perhaps not a good idea?), or draw a smaller
region of interest, or make the whole diagram bigger etc.

Or are you asking about the vertical height?

Peter

P.S. You seem to have sent this email multiple times, probably
confused my the automatic moderation of the message because
of the attachment. The delay is because a human (often me)
has to manually approve any suspicious emails (which are
usually spam).