[Biopython] Find Sub-sequence with Variable positions

Jurgens de Bruin debruinjj at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 13:19:49 UTC 2013

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with the following:

I want to find a sub-sequence within a sequence,but the catch is that the
sub-sequence contains positions that are variable and does not have to
match 100%.
For example:
if the following is the sub-sequence all the postions have to match but
position 5(A) can be any of the 4 bases ( ACGT ) within the query-seq.
ACGTACGTACGT

Thanks!!!

--
Regards/Groete/Mit freundlichen Grüßen/recuerdos/meilleures salutations/
distinti saluti/siong/duì yú/привет

Jurgens de Bruin