[Biopython] Problem building from PyPi: Affy package directory is missing

Brad Chapman chapmanb at 50mail.com
Mon Jun 28 01:26:57 UTC 2010

Peter;

[PyPi upload builds]

> Huh - so MANIFEST.in should include MANIFEST.in? Thanks
> for sorting that out Brad.

To build the PyPi distribution, I download the release tarball
and then upload it to PyPi with:

setup.py sdist upload

So if the MANIFEST.in is in the release all of the right files will
be pulled in. With it missing, the Affy and other bits get left out.
So including MANIFEST.in ensures we can keep building identical
distributions from the main tarball.

Hope the website issues get sorted out so we don't have to worry too
much it. Thanks,
Brad