[Biopython] Bio.SeqIO.index() - gzip support and/or index stored on disk?

Renato Alves rjalves at igc.gulbenkian.pt
Fri Jun 4 08:10:22 UTC 2010

Hi Peter and all,

Considering the fact that the first addition 'is' a potential problem,
while the second is more of an optimization, I would put my vote on the
first. In addition, an sqlite or similar solution would also allow one
to use the indexing feature on short run applications where
recalculating the index every time is a costly (sometimes too much)
operation.

Obviously the second would be of great use if put together with the
first, but I'm a little bit biased on that since I was part of the group
that raised the gzip question in the mailing list some time ago.

Regards,
Renato

Quoting Peter on 06/03/2010 06:52 PM: