[Biopython] IDLE problem

David Winter winda002 at student.otago.ac.nz
Tue Sep 1 22:25:49 UTC 2009

>> I forget to mention that although my OS is 64 bit, I installed 32-bit Python
>>  2.6.2 because the IDLE for 64-bit Python 2.6.2 doesn't work in Vista.  So
>> everything is in 32.  It seems odd that everything works fine in commandline
>> but in IDLE.
>>
>> Andrew

Hi Andrew, you don't connect to the internet via a proxy do you? I've
just been playing with esearch() in IDLE vs the commandline in vista
and found that both worked fine with a direct connection but when the
system-wide internet options are set to a proxy IDLE hangs at the
point at which the commandline asks for a username/password.

As I say, otherwise everything works fine for me so if it's not that
then I'm no help.

Cheers,
David