[Biopython] Biopython and Twitter followers

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Nov 26 13:10:33 UTC 2009

Hi all,

We've had a Biopython twitter account over six months now,
and it seems to be a nice extra channel for promoting the
project and keeping people up to date. Right now Biopython
has 123 twitter followers: http://twitter.com/Biopython

[Don't forget we have RSS and Atom news feeds too - see
http://biopython.org/wiki/News for links]

Right now, Biopython only follows the OBF, BioPerl and
Guido van Rossum. I'm happy to add other related
projects like BioRuby or BioJava if/when they setup
twitter accounts. Given we have quite a few Biopython
developers and regular contributors on twitter now -
should we be following them too? Leighton had some
valid reservations:
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython-dev/2009-March/005626.html

Any thoughts?