[Biopython] Bio.Sequencing.Ace

David Winter winda002 at student.otago.ac.nz
Mon Jun 29 05:19:23 UTC 2009

Quoting Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk>:

> There top level properties are simple enough - but I find drilling
> down
> into the reads a bit more tricky. In general the Ace parser is a bit
> non-obvious without knowing the Ace format. Having some __str__
> and __repr__ methods defined on the objects returned would be
> very nice - I may get time to work on this later this year. Anyone
> else interested in this drop us an email.
>
> Peter

I had a scrawled diagram of the contig class next to me when I was using
it more frequently - it was easy enough to reproduce digitally

http://biopython.org/wiki/Ace_contig_class

Hopefully it helps make sese of where all the data is. I've added a couple
of very brief examples there for now - will expand it when I get a chance.

David