[BioPython] Feedback from Biopython 1.50 beta?

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Apr 16 09:14:56 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 10:00 AM, Giovanni Marco Dall'Olio
<dalloliogm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 5:38 PM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Maybe we should have a general clean up of any temp files at the end
>> of run_tests.py ... it might be worth thinking about.
>
> We need global fixtures for doctests :-)

I'm not quite sure what you mean (other than your general enthusiasm
for global fixtures in unittests).  The doctest framework doesn't have
anything like this, it doesn't even have any way to issue instructions
other than by embedding text in docstrings, does it?

> A tearDownAll which deletes all the temporary files created by the
> doctests would be sufficent. The way to implement it depends on how
> you want to run the tests (run_tests.py or nose).

That is what I just suggested - as long as we are consistent about
naming temp files, run_tests.py can just delete say */temp_*.* under
the Tests directory.  However this won't clean up after running a
doctest directly (bypassing run_tests.py).