[BioPython] Cladograms

Giovanni Marco Dall'Olio dalloliogm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 20:48:07 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 7:50 PM, Renato Alves <rjalves at igc.gulbenkian.pt> wrote:
> Quoting Giovanni Marco Dall'Olio on 11/27/2008 04:45 PM:
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Renato Alves <rjalves at igc.gulbenkian.pt>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I've been searching the web for python modules to do cladograms but the
>>> only
>>> relevant stuff I found was relative to dendograms and hierarchical
>>> clustering which will give the representation I need.
>>> My goal is something that resembles a heatmap[1]
>>>

>> Let me premise that I am not able to help you :).
>> But this seems to be the kind of things that R does. Have you had a look
>> at it?
>>

> For the heatmap I did have a look and seems easy to use, for the cladograms
> I couldn't find much using the name with help.search(). Also google doesn't
> give the best results when searching for R <something>.

Ask to the R users mailing list.
Be careful on how you write your message there, because it is a
mailing list with a lot of users.
If you find someting interesting in R, please don't forget us :),
don't forget that python is cool :).

> Still I would like to remain in python as much as possible.

A population genetics module is under development at the moment, but
it doesn't implement anything like that.
I am sorry I am not aware of any module capable of doing this.

My blog on bioinformatics (now in English): http://bioinfoblog.it