[BioPython] [PopGen] a random Haplotype Sets generator

Tiago Antão tiagoantao at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 14:04:46 UTC 2008

> Maybe we could create a module called 'Generators' where to put all
> similar Generators.

I'm ok with that. Do you envision more generators in the future?
Actually simcoal could also be used to generate these things (as long
as I remember to do an arlequin parser to get the results out).
In the short run it would be nice to extend the tutorial also and put
a few tests.
I don't think your generator code causes a major disturbance or any
maintenance problem upstream (read: for Peter, Michiel or final
users), so, from my point of view it could be put in the main
distribution in a short time frame.

> p.s. are you using some kind of repository/rcs for you PopGen modules?
> I just don't want to write code that will be difficult to reimplement
> in the future PopGen module..

Just my hardisk, open bio CVS and now most everything is in git ;) .
For now don't worry with that, you actually have all my code (except
recent bugfixes). Lets just keep communicating.