[BioPython] import error

Peter peter at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Mar 11 18:37:12 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 5:46 PM, James Swetnam <jswetnam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Peter
>
>  I agree with your reasoning-- a link to the 1.0 release is a better
>  idea.  The tutorial looks fine.  Using a passwordless root login makes
>  my heart skip a beat, but I suppose it's not your place to teach
>  people mysql best practices, and for local testing and sandbox
>  databases it's fine.
>
>  James

I wasn't so sure about the blank password when I wrote that, but I was
working from what existing documentation I could find and wanted to
keep things simple.  If you have some links to a good practice guide,
it wouldn't hurt to add short passage to the wiki page.

> I should note for the record that the 'Basic BioSQL with Biopython'
> tutorial also mentions the CVS version of the BioSQL schema
>
> http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/biosql/python_biosql_basic.html

The LaTeX source for that document actually seems to live in the
BioSQL repository, for which I don't think I have access rights.  I'll
have to raise that on the BioSQL mailing list...

See e.g. http://code.open-bio.org/svnweb/index.cgi/biosql/browse/biosql-schema/trunk/doc/biopython/

Peter

P.S. Did you mean to send your emails to me only, and not the mailing list?