[BioPython] Plans for release 0.95d01

Andrew Dalke dalke@acm.org
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 02:10:34 -0700

Thomas:
>What I'd like to avoid is a common feature in tcl and perl,
>that if you want to install a package you need to pre-install
>just one package. But this package happens to depend on
>3 other packages which are again depending on other things ...
>That will keep a lot of people from just trying biopython.

Though to point out, biojava has similar problems since
they depend on the xerxes XML package.  I think.  I don't
believe there is a good general system, although there seem
to be some specific ones (like ports) which solve most of
the problem but aren't widely used, which is the biggest
problem.

One big shar file, that's all we need.

                    Andrew