[BioPython] Biopython 0.90d04 now available

Brad Chapman chapmanb@arches.uga.edu
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 18:58:24 -0500 (EST)

Jeff wrote:
> Biopython release 0.90d04 is now available.

Looks great Jeff! Thanks for getting this together.

For anyone who is interested, I just uploaded some "package" type
distributions for various platforms:

o A Windows installer for those people working on a Microsoft OS

o A RPM installer for LinuxPPC.

These are available at the normal download site:

http://biopython.org/Download/

I don't normally use RPMs or Windows, and am just trying to make these
as a convenience for people who do use them, so any feedback on the
usefulness of these (ie. whether they work properly or not :-) would
be very appreciated.

I'd like to also take a quick chance to plug the documentation
available for this release. If you point your browser to:

http://biopython.org/wiki/html/BioPython/BiopythonCode.html

you can find all of the documentation available right
now. Specifically, we've got API documentation for the release created
automagically using HappyDoc, and a 44 page Tutorial covering how to
do a lot of things with the code.

If anyone is interested in helping out by maintaining one of these
built distributions (or contributing one for additional platforms),
that would be especially super-duper. There is a nice section in
the Tutorial describing how to do this.

Enjoy, and thanks for listening!

Brad