[BioPython] Paper in Bioinformatics

Johann Visagie johann@egenetics.com
Tue, 7 Nov 2000 16:52:36 +0200

Scott T. Kelley on 2000-10-24 (Tue) at 12:00:40 -0700:

> I just ran into a recent Python reference in Bioinformatics about object
> oriented parsing of biological databases that I thought members of the list
> might find interesting (if you don't already know of the ref).

Just busy reading it myself.

> If they aren't already aware and members of Biopython, they might be worth
> contacting...

Indeed.  The authors state (under "Future developments") that they would like
to "incorporate bioperl/biopython efforts to standardize the sequence
object".

Frankly, as far as creating parsers are concerned, I think they'd benefit
from having a look at Martel.  :-)

-- Johann