[BioPython] 0.9d01 release

Brad Chapman chapmanb@arches.uga.edu
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 00:44:13 -0400

> The first developmental release is coming at the end of the week.
Please
> let me know whether your code will be in "decent" state by then, or
> whether we should push the release back.  It does not have to be
perfect
> or complete, but should at least compile.  The purpose of this
release is
> to make the code more widely available, for developers and power
users.

    I just finished committing the changes I wanted to make to
biopython-corba for the release, so it should be ready to go whenever
everyone else is. If anyone is following biopython-corba (or even if
you aren't) and wants to check this to make sure it runs okay for
someone besides me, I would be very appreciative!
    biopython-corba installs using distutils, so making a tarball of
this should be no problem, but it will require that you have either
Fnorb or omniORB installed and run 'python setup.py build' before
running 'python setup.py sdist.'

> After this release, we should try to follow the "release early,
release
> often" mantra.

Sounds like a very good plan :-).

Brad