[BioPython] The biopython.org web site

Chris Dagdigian cdagdigian@genetics.com
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 10:08:15 -0400

There are interesting things happening behind the scenes regarding
the foundation etc. etc. which means that for the short term our
talks about moving source code and such to sourceforge or
bioinformatics.org are going to be on hold.

There is already one python package (mailman) that has spread
across all of the bio*.org sites :) so I have no problem with Zope
as long as it plays nicely with our other installed stuff.

Be aware that Jason has already installed Wiki for the biocorba
site and there has been some talk about trying to Wiki-enable all
of our documentation sites. I'm not sure how your Zope plans fit in
with all of this.

Also-- does at least one of the python project people have root
access? (Jeff??). If so please remind me who it is so I can make sure
they are a part of our "root-l" sysadmin mailing list. In general we have several
people with root access (at least one per project besides Ewan and I) and we
coordinate our system actions and config changes via the root-l mailing
list. A Zope installation would be something that the root-l list members would need
to be given an advance heads up on.

Regards,
Chris