[BioPython] The biopython.org web site

Jeffrey Chang jchang@SMI.Stanford.EDU
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 22:54:21 -0700 (PDT)

Yep, I remember it!  Thanks very much!  :)

I'm definitely in favor of doing this and will be willing to help out in
whatever way necessary.  Although I have not worked with Zope before, I
have heard that it allows easy sharing of maintenance responsibilities,
which is a very good thing.  Plus, the ZWiki object may be useful for
maintaining documentation.

Before we go ahead with the change, however, let's run this by Chris
Dagdigian.  Specifically, I want to make sure that 1) it's ok to run Zope,
since he may be administering it, and 2) there are no plans for the
projects' web sites, e.g. moving everything over to sourceforge code.

Chris, what do you think?  Would it be possible to use Zope for the
biopython site?  Are there any plans for unifying the design of sites?  If
so, perhaps the stuff we do can benefit the web sites for the other
projects as well.

Thanks,
Jeff