[Biopython-dev] [SPAM] Re: [Numpy-discussion] Python extensions for Python 3.5 - useful info...

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 31 14:45:16 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 3:27 PM, Ben Fulton wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 9:56 AM, Peter Cock wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 2:49 PM, Ben Fulton wrote:
>> > This is 32-bit Python running on Windows 8.1. Were you interested in the
>> > 64-bit version?
>>
>> Let's focus on 32-bit Python under Windows for now.

> All tests in test_Application.py pass with this change. But I would
> hope it won't be necessary with the final version of Python 3.5.

Thanks Ben,

See also https://bugs.python.org/issue23417 although I am not
clear from the referenced https://bugs.python.org/issue19143
what exactly we should be expecting after that fix.

For now I've added "post2012Server" but this is likely to need
further revision once tested under a Windows 10 machine:

https://github.com/biopython/biopython/commit/780c2459cd1e76cb0a1a030de8b4cdec6dcef7b4