[Biopython-dev] Next release?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon May 26 15:59:08 UTC 2014

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 4:53 PM, Wibowo Arindrarto
<w.arindrarto at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Peter, Tiago, everyone
>
> I'm almost close to finishing hmmer3.1b1 support in SearchIO. This
> includes some updates so that our existing HMMER parsers can handle
> the formats released in hmmer3.1b1 and also a new parser for a new
> format (pfamtab) that hmmer3 now supports.
>
> Fixes for the existing parser is completed. But for the new parser, I
> think I need 2-3 days to finish and polish everything (test cases,
> etc).
>
> What do you (and everyone) think about waiting until pfamtab support
> is completed? If this is not preferable, I can also push my fixes
> without the new parser into our main branch and keep the new parser
> for release after this.
>
> Best,
> Bow

Hi Bow,

I suggest you push the fixes without the new parser into the main
branch now.

Rather than rushing get the new format work ready to I would wait
until after Biopython 1.64 is out; at this point we should probably
only be doing bug fixes on the master branch.

(If Tiago's availability slips delaying the release, and you have
finished the new format then it might still get in Biopython 1.64).

Regards,