[Biopython-dev] Moratorium on commits?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 9 19:06:21 UTC 2013

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 6:26 PM, João Rodrigues <anaryin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> The situation with the occupancy in the PDBParser led to think of one
> thing.
>
> Since not everybody is in the same timezone, has the same availability,
> etc, what about we introduce a brief moratorium over commits of say 3 days
> (except for critical bug fixes)? This will give everybody probably enough
> time to read the email and give their opinion.
>
> The downside is that it will make things roll a bit slower but then again,
> 3 days is not so much..
>
> Cheers,
>
> João

I don't think that's really needed for small commits like
this which are simple to interpret. In this case there were
three opinions in favour of the idea, with a fourth counter
view appearing later, resulting in a further tweak.

Longer periods of discussion are far more important on
large code additions or major changes.