[Biopython-announce] Biopython Tutorial no longer written in LaTeX, but RST

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 4 05:07:08 EST 2024

As an example, consider this page:

https://biopython.org/docs/dev/Tutorial/chapter_seq_objects.html

The "Edit on GitHub" link takes you to the source page is here:

https://github.com/biopython/biopython/blob/master/Doc/Tutorial/chapter_seq_objects.rst

Note the section links (HTML anchor names) are more friendly now, consider:

http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/tutorial/Tutorial-1.82.html#sec24

vs:

https://biopython.org/docs/dev/Tutorial/chapter_seq_objects.html#transcription

This is an example which still needs tweaking following the conversion.
The original approach of using a LaTeX table with vertical arrows and
centered alignment is probably not going to work as nicely in RST.
Perhaps a figure is better here instead?

Peter