[Bioperl-pipeline] Information on development?

Anelda Boardman anelda at sanbi.ac.za
Mon May 24 03:09:26 EDT 2004

Dear Juguang and Shawn,

Thanks for your replies!

We are busy developing a sequence analysis pipeline to be integrated to
a local HIV database in a nationwide study in South Africa.  We're also
still in the process of developing the database.

I have been looking at a couple of pipeline generators/ already existing
pipelines and the software that we would have to incorporate into the
pipeline and was wondering if biopipe won't make my life easier...

What we want to do is take the whole project from scratch.. Sequencing,
chromatogram evaluation, vector trimming, assembly, finishing, then
ruling out contamination, and finally annotation of the sequences.

Do you think biopipe can facilitate development of such a pipeline?

One obstacle is that we will be using a single server for running the
pipeline and storing the db (anyways for now).  Seems like biopipe is
meant to do some loadsharing etc.

I'm in the process of installing biopipe on my machine to see how it works
(got some example pipelines to test).

Regards,
Anelda