[Bioperl-pipeline] Missing module in 0.1 tarball

Alistair Rust arust at systemsbiology.org
Tue May 6 12:39:19 EDT 2003

Hi guys,

I've just downloaded the 0.1 tarball to have a bit of a play with it.
 So far the installation seems to have gone as described in the docs.
 One thing that flagged up though was that to use XML-SAX-0.12, the make
file for this told me it also required XML-NamespaceSupport-1.08.  That
maybe a local thing to my installation but I thought I would flag
dependancy anyway.

I'm now at the point of trying to populate a db using the Xml2DB.pl
script.  This doesn't work out of the box as it's complaining about a
Converter module.  In Xml2DB.pl:

- Line 28:    use Bio::Pipeline::Utils::Converter
- Line 325:  my $converter_obj = new Bio::Pipeline::Converter(
- Line 373:  my $converter_obj = Bio::Pipeline::Utils::Converter->new

The error message on running the script is the old can't locate in INC
blah, blah.  If I comment out line 28 (and add an exit soon after) it's
fine.

There are two issues with this:
- there is some inconsistency as to where the module actually is.
- and I can't find the module in either of these locations above.

Best

Alistair

--
 Alistair G. Rust