[Bioperl-pipeline] Tags

jeremyp at sgx3.bmb.uga.edu jeremyp at sgx3.bmb.uga.edu
Mon Aug 4 17:43:40 EDT 2003

Hi,

I have a question concerning "tags." setup_file.pm stores a tag if one is
provided in the xml configuration file. Typically, this is set to infile
as an infile method is already provided by RunnableI.pm. Using the
COPY_ID_FILE action, this can easily be propagated to later analyses.

But, using the id as a filename sidesteps iohandlers. Is there a way to
use a tag with general input that must go through an iohandler without
using an input create? Is there a way to specify this in the xml file?
Perhaps by writing the dbadaptor/iohandler/runnable db a certain way?

I'm looking to avoid the datatypes subroutine used by many other runnables.

Thanks,
Jeremy