[Bioperl-pipeline] getting your example to work

Elia Stupka elia@fugu-sg.org
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 08:30:16 +0800 (SGT)

> I am having problems with Xml2DB.pl, just running on its own does not
> work. I found out I do not have XML parser and XML simple object
> modules.  You may want to update your website to state you need these
> modules.

That is a good point, we should actually have a link to download them.

> I downloaded both only to find out I need to download expat.  I am
> unable to do an install , i get some error in XML simple object how
> there is some 'rule' missing etc....

hmmm... strange... maybe it's best if we add a page with simple install
instructions for the whole XML::Parser part

> As it turns out Expat.pm is located in XML/Expat/Expat.pm at least it
> is in the version of XML parser i just got from CPAN (XML-Parser-2.31)
> I had to make soft link to XML so the first use statement of Xml2SB.pl
> would not return an error

It's interesting, I've had exactly the same problem with XML::Parser when
I tested a fresh check-out on my laptop. I have a feeling it's a serious
issue that should be pointed out to the authors of XML::Parser

> I can start switching the use statements, but then I am afraid you may
> have a call later on that will not work... or I can just put Expat.pm
> where the script thinks it ought to be.  Either way you will need to
> let people know about this if they have to install the XML modules

Thanks so much for your help, we will look into it today,

Elia

* http://www.fugu-sg.org/~elia *
* tel:    +65 6874 1467        *
* mobile: +65 9030 7613        *