[Bioperl-pipeline] DataMonger

Elia Stupka elia@fugu-sg.org
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 12:27:51 +0800 (SGT)

> the SQL is usually overloaded and is designed for database implementation
> efficiency and we would want to remove that overloading in XML (which serves
> as a configurational fiile now) and also as much as in the object layer
> too.. if we map the SQL exactly into XML, the effort for the users to
> understand the XML would be equivalent to understanding the SQL schema
> itself, which we wanted to overcome..

No, absolutely I totally completely agree, overloading in SQL should be
"flattened" in XML.

What I was worried about is that a whole concept could change in XML,
rather than just flattening/prettifying, e.g. datamonger not being another
analysis but being attached to an analysis, that is a shift in semantics,
not just avoiding overloading...

Elia

* http://www.fugu-sg.org/~elia *
* tel:    +65 6874 1467        *