[Bioperl-pipeline] Genewise matters(start,stop modification)

Shawn shawnh@fugu-sg.org
10 Sep 2002 16:01:54 +0800

> Nope that's fine. I really don't mind taking the "risk" of querying
> multiple biodatabases at the same time, even though in theory the
> namespace is not unique, in practice it is, and we don't want to
> complicate matters. If we wanted to complicate matters we would pull out
> (a bit crazy) the database name from the blast hit analysis and then we
> would have to make sure we use the same nomenclature between analysis in
> blast and biodatabase name in bioperl-db.

the alternative is to get the db_file name from the analysis object,
read the sequence directly from the flat file we blast against
using Bio::DB::Fasta. but of course, using a db is preferred but since
the flat file exist anyways.....

small issue.
I will got ahead and do it thru biosql,

shawn