[Bioperl-pipeline] Genewise matters(start,stop modification)

Shawn shawnh@fugu-sg.org
11 Sep 2002 05:57:18 +0800

I'm currently working on the DataMonger for genewise.
A solution for coordinate mapping.

Have the Genewise runnable take in a Location object in addition to the
subseq virtual contig. Then it will do the mapping (offset) for the
predicted features. The way of passing in dynamic parameters into
runnable is now done through the dynamic_argument table (creative I
know). For a Location object, we will use the SteamAdaptor table.

Currently, each job is now associated with static arguments(found in
argument table, i.e. know before run time) and generated arguments in
the dynamic arguments). The arguments are then merged during fetch input
based on rank with precedence of rank given to static arguments.

basically
static s1,s3,s4
dyanmic d1,d2

final arglist
s1,d1,s3,d2,s4

prolly makes sense only for kiran and elia but in anycase, we will need
to code review this.

New Objects:
Bio::Pipeline::Filter::feature_coverage (does the max_coverage
calculations and selects the best features)

Bio::Pipeline::InputCreate::setup_genewise (setups input,job,dynamic
argument tables etc)

Bio::Pipeline::Runnable::DataMonger (contains filter and inputcreate)

I'm currently testing and trying to get it all to work.
Question, for ciona, what is the method call for getting the contig
slice?

fetch_VirtualContig_by_chr_start_end

we need a static_golden_path for this I reckon?

the other thing to be done is implementing the converter functionality
tied with IOHandlers.

shawn

The simple way would be like Bala said (if I understand it properly)
is to pass into the genewise genewise