[Bioperl-pipeline] FW: General questions

Wiepert, Mathieu Wiepert.Mathieu@mayo.edu
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 11:24:35 -0500

Didn't reply to all...

Also, is Parasol different than the other two packages you recommended on your web pages, LSF and PBS?

> It could get very hairy, why don't you get a scheduler
> system? How many
> CPUs do you have?

We only have about 20 right now, though there are plans to grow it.  Saw the note on parasol.  Perhaps I don't understand the issues, but if I am on a remote machine, how is the scheduler going to help that.  If I am on the cluster, then I can see the use, but once I get off and have to remotely fire things off, a scheduler can handle that?  Thanks for educating me on this one, sorry I am a bit fuzzy on these details.

-Mat