[Bioperl-pipeline] Blast Demo Pipeline

shawnh@fugu-sg.org shawnh@fugu-sg.org
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 20:10:30 +0800 (SGT)

Hi Folks,

	I hope there are still people on this list =)

In order to make a really simple demo of biopipe
I have committed a new xml called blast_file_pipeline.xml
that can be found in bioperl-pipeline/xml/templates/blast_file_pipeline.xml

This is not really a 'pipeline' per se as it only has a single blast analysis.

It is a minimal pipeline stripped bare of most dependencies.

<PIPELINE SUMMARY>

Give a file of sequences, split the files into smaller chunks, and blast
it against the database over a compute farm. Blast results files are stored
into a given results  directory, with one result file per blast job.

</PIPELINE SUMMARY>

This is a simple blast pipeline demo that allows one to pipeline a bunch of blast
jobs. It is stripped bare, assuming that the user has sequences in files and simply wishes
to parallelize the blast jobs. It doesn't utilize one of the main features of blast which
is to allow inputs from different database sources.

It is hope that this simple example will get people a feel of the job management
part of biopipe. It will also iron out the initial installation issues before
one proceeds to more complex pipelines.

Detailed docs are found in the XML file itself. I will update the website soon.

I have only tested this on my setup so give it a shot and let me know if you face
problems and whether I forgot to commit anything.

Your responses will give us more impetus to push out more pipelines in the coming weeks,

cheers,

shawn