[Bioperl-pipeline] Re: Biopipe Converters

shawnh@fugu-sg.org shawnh@fugu-sg.org
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 09:42:54 +0800 (SGT)

> > I propose keeping converters within the pipeline.
> > Converters are mainly bridges between two objects that have evolved
> > separately from two projects, in this case, bioperl and ensembl.
>
> Just wondering how will the actual code differ by keeping inside pipeline
> from generic ones?

Not much if we write it properly. The interface is Bio::Pipeline::Conveter.

If we want to move it to bioperl of something, they we can just change the namespace to
Bio::ObjectConverter or something. I propose this as I want to convert families
which are not really features.

shawn