[Bioperl-pipeline] pipeline test

shawnh@fugu-sg.org shawnh@fugu-sg.org
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 16:24:12 +0800 (SGT)

Hi folks,
	I made an attempt at a mini pipeline system test.
The t file is

t/BlastPipe.t

You can run it by perl t/BlastPipe.t to see the output or

make test_BlastPipe

It loads up the xml file, and runs the blast pipeline. Thus it will
expect Xml2Db.pl and PipelineManager.pl in the scripts directory. The
paths to these are configured in BiopipeTestDB.conf. This pipeline creates
blast results files in t/data/blast_results and t/data/blast_dir which
is used to determine that it is functionally correct. Nothing fancy.
The dirs are automatically removed by the t file, so you won't seem them
unless u comment out the unlink lines in BlastPipe.t

It also checks for blastall existence by creating the wrapper and calling the
executable method.

Try it out and make sure it works for u, as my env may differ.

I hope this will start some functional tests for each xml pipeline that we
create. So make sure these tests pass before committing. We have some test failing..
mainly BatchSubmission, which I can't figure out why , as it works
when I run perl t/BatchSubmission.t but not when I do make test...

shawn

--
* Shawn Hoon