[Bioperl-pipeline] very simple example for pipeline?

Andy Nunberg anunberg@oriongenomics.com
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 16:50:24 -0500

Hi,
I am slowly understanding bioperl pipeline.  I would like a simple example
to learn with.
How about a single fasta file with one sequence and a single blast ?

I noticed in the example you have on teh web page one would need more
modules etc...and this is confusing me even more.  I am still not sure if
it is required to have a mySQL database with your sequences inorder to load
the pipeline.

I have been looking at some of the scripts as well. Something I noticed,
load_biosql.pl may not work anymore
since you have calls like Bio::DB::SQL.. and the bioperl-db i checkout has
your stuff in Bio::DB::BioSQL Bio::DB::SQL doesnt have anything in it.

Thanks
Andy

Andy Nunberg, Ph.D
Computational Biologist