[Bioperl-pipeline] Starting the pipeline redux

Wiepert, Mathieu Wiepert.Mathieu@mayo.edu
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 14:04:47 -0500

> Hi Mat,
> yes, you are sane :) its our site that is down. We will have
> to fix it tomorrow morning..sorry about the time

No problem of course

> difference. Anycase, I'm working on a simple blast test
> example that I hope will get people started. Something that
> will load up with data ready. Kinda an example
> to get a feel for the pipeline. I hope to get it out tomorrow
> with some more tweaking and testing, hopefully.
> thanks for your patience, and I urge you to hang in there with us :)

So, when you say you guys are working on XML, is it safe to say that you are working on an XML schema to describe what a valid pipeline XML doc will look like, or are you making the XML first to see what it would look like, then reverse engineering it afterwards?  Or doing both at the same time?

Also, I wasn't sure of your use cases, either, but have some to contribute that are common I am sure.  Along the lines of cron jobs, but multi step query and filters things.  I think it was mentioned before.

-Mat