[Bioperl-pipeline] RE: bioperl-pipeline for the small lab

Elia Stupka elia@fugu-sg.org
Tue, 6 Aug 2002 18:28:45 +0800 (SGT)

> So a cron wrapper on an already existing pipeline path?

The blasts you were suggesting can happen in parallel, so it would be a
parallel pipeline with a cronjob rerunning it whenever you want. As I was
suggesting earlier, we might want to write a Scheduler module which reruns
specific (independent) parts at specific times. These could be written in
as analysis_groups within a pipeline.

> Regarding 2, I can help with trying to write first passes at any
> runnable that I might need (it sounds simple enough), but will wait
> for Martin's attempt to define the interface as you suggest.

Don't worry if I were you I would start working on it. The core of the
Bio::Tools::Run is passing the right input and parsing the output, which
will stay the same, and then you can tweak the wrapper to comply with the
interface.

Elia

* http://www.fugu-sg.org/~elia *
* tel:    +65 6874 1467        *