[Bioperl-l] Where is Bio-Graphics?

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Mon Feb 20 01:03:13 UTC 2017

On 2/19/17, 3:51 PM, "Bioperl-l on behalf of Carnë Draug" <bioperl-l-bounces+cjfields=illinois.edu at mailman.open-bio.org on behalf of carandraug+dev at gmail.com> wrote:

>On 19 February 2017 at 21:25, Brian Osborne <bosborne11 at verizon.net> wrote:
>>> On Feb 19, 2017, at 3:17 PM, Carnë Draug <carandraug+dev at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I came across Bio-Graphics [1] which was once part of the BioPerl
>>> distribution.  However, I can't find it in any of the bioperl repos.
>>> Could anyone point me to it?
>>>
>>> Carnë
>>>
>>> [1] https://metacpan.org/release/Bio-Graphics
>>
>> https://github.com/GMOD/Bio-Graphics
>>

>So is Bio-Graphics part of the GMOD project and not BioPerl?

Lincoln could probably best indicate the history here, but Bio-Graphics was actually part of the main bioperl distribution for quite a while (up until 1.5.2 I think).  IIRC we felt it best to split it out around the time that Gbrowse2 development kicked into high gear, since it’s a pretty self-contained set of modules with a sometimes troublesome-to-install dependency (GD).  We left it up to Lincoln, who I think felt it best fit under the GMOD umbrella.