[Bioperl-l] module Bio::TreeIO

lskatz lskatz at gmail.com
Mon May 9 18:47:44 UTC 2016

I'm rehashing this old topic because it seems like the most relevant to my
question.

After making a tree from a distance matrix, how would I calculate bootstrap
values?  I have been shown that it can be done in R, but I would want a
pure-perl method because the rest of my code revolves around BioPerl.
http://www.inside-r.org/packages/cran/ape/docs/boot.phylo

I think that I can use Bio::Tree::Statistics to make 100 trees and then
combine them with

e.g.,

However, I would be making my own version of random or jack knifed trees and
it wouldn't be as well validated as something centralized.  Before I go down
this road... is there any kind of standardized method in BioPerl for making
bootstrap values from a distance matrix?

Or if not, does anyone have a suggestion on how to make the 100 trees from
the matrix?