[Bioperl-l] Downloading genbank (full) format

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 23 07:36:56 UTC 2015

Hi Cacau,

It seems "gb" is just an alias for "genbank", but as you've
noticed some records are more like manifests for how to
build up the full record from its parts using a CONTIG
entry.

There is also "gbwithparts" which in the NCBI web interface
is "Genbank (full)", but there can be subtle errors with the
processing done at the NCBI end.

http://blastedbio.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/missing-external-exons-in-genbank-with.html
http://blastedbio.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/missing-feature-locations-in-genbank.html

Another possible but not yet confirmed issue:
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython/2015-September/015746.html

Peter