[Bioperl-l] Bio::Root back in master

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Fri Sep 18 02:00:34 UTC 2015

Yes, that’s a TODO test for a ‘bug’ (it will pass normally but warns that it needs to be addressed in some way). It’s subjective whether this is a true issue:

$root = Bio::TreeIO->new(-format => 'newick',
               -verbose => $verbose,
               -file   => test_input_file('bug2869.tree'),
               -no_cleanup => 1)->next_tree->get_root_node;

isa_ok($root, 'Bio::Tree::NodeI');

TODO: {
    local $TODO = 'The nodes are garbage-collected away b/c Tree isn\'t retained in memory';
    my $total2 = 0;
    for my $child ($root->get_Descendents) {
        $total2++;
    }

    is($total2, $total1);
}

Note the way the tree object is not retained, but the root node is; the Bio::Tree::Tree is not retained, and thus the list of nodes for the tree are not retained except the root node.  Here’s the original report:

https://redmine.open-bio.org/issues/2869

chris