[Bioperl-l] Problems installing on Mac OS 10.9.5

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Mon Apr 13 19:48:07 UTC 2015

Seem you are installing to the system perl (see the ‘Permission denied’ issue).   You can install using ‘sudo’ but I highly suggest not installing this into your system Perl if possible, namely b/c it can cause problems down the road.  You should look into using homebrew to install a localized perl, then use that new version.

Alternatively, you can use perlbrew (which I highky recommend as you can install multiple perl versions locally if needed):

http://perlbrew.pl

chris