[Bioperl-l] warning: Bio::Index::Fastq;

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Wed Mar 12 18:10:18 UTC 2014

Validation checks like this are done at the level of full parsing of the data, yes (via Bio::SeqIO).  Bio::Index::Fastq is meant as a rapid indexing tool, though, hence my comment re: using a simple 4-line convention by default vs. complete parsing.

We can also implement a more stringent indexer that validates as it parses, but for the purpose of the module we care more about getting it to run ‘fast' on the majority of inputs (e.g. use the 4-line convention) and ‘well’ on all of them (e.g. using any convention).

I noticed yesterday when delving into it there aren’t any tests yet for this module, so I’ll likely add these in as well.  Don’t expect it to be fast, though.

chris