[Bioperl-l] Problem with StandAloneBlastPlus

Darío Carballido dcarball at tandar.cnea.gov.ar
Mon Jul 21 18:38:19 UTC 2014

Hello Trey,

Thanks for the answer. StandAloneBlast uses the ncbi legacy programs
(blastall), while StandAloneBlastPlus uses the new NCBI blast+ programs. And
-outfmt in the new programs is kind of the equivalent to -m in the old
blastall.
As a matter of fact, at first I had a script that used StandAloneBlast, and
adapted it to use StandAloneBlastPlus, hoping that I could make use of the
new features and customize the output to include the query coverage.
Now I have a script that performs exactly as the old one but using the new
blast+, but I'm stuck with the output customization thing because I pass the
-outfmt value between quotes, but they seem to disappear somewhere I can't
figure out.

Darío Carballido