[Bioperl-l] Modifying Blast plus parameters

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Wed Apr 30 19:43:40 UTC 2014

To add to what Russell said, BLAST is (by definition) a local alignment tool, so you will get the best overall local alignments.  These are not ‘tiled’ by default, though you can do this with a little extra help:

http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/HOWTO:Tiling

However, it might be best to outline precisely what it is you want to do on a biological level (e.g. aligning transcriptome data, etc), as it’s possible BLAST isn’t the best tool for your needs.

chris