[Bioperl-l] regarding DB_File and Data::Stag

Francisco J. Ossandón fossandonc at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 30 15:34:29 UTC 2014

I didn't know that ActivePerl changes all "recommends" to "required" for
ppm, the FAQ page
(http://docs.activestate.com/activeperl/5.18/faq/ActivePerl-faq2.html#how_to
_make_ppm_distribution) does not mention it... =/

BUT I think that is still a good move to demote DB_File status to
"recommended" meanwhile, because ActivePerl users can still install through
CPAN after installing MinGW/MinGW64 (which ppm is available up to their Perl
version 5.16 btw, there is no ppm for their 5.18 yet:
http://code.activestate.com/ppm/MinGW/), so is still useful for users trying
to install the latest version (the last BioPerl PPM released was 5 years
ago). A more ActivePerl-friendly replacement for DB_File could be searched
later too. =)

Mark, maybe you want to go further and eradicate DB_File from BioPerl guts
and replace it with SQLite_File??

So, can I demote DB_File to recommended?? ;)

Cheers,

Francisco J. Ossandon