[Bioperl-l] standalone blast outformat

Florent Angly florent.angly at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 05:12:43 UTC 2013

Hi Dimitar,

I suppose you are using BLAST+, not legacy BLAST. There is a HOWTO
here that can get you started:
http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/HOWTO:BlastPlus
Regarding your issue, I had a look at the blastn manual, and I doesn't
look like you can write '-outfmt "7 qcovs ..."' to me. If anything, it
would be '-outfmt "qcovs ..."'.
So, maybe try to get your command to work as intended in a terminal
before putting it in BioPerl.
Best,

Florent