[Bioperl-l] HMMER 3 update

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 04:30:19 UTC 2013

Brian -

I think a branch is good idea, probably just from master as I presume this code will be too new to weave into the v1 branch.

However, I'm still not clear on how the new packaging is going to go - but I presume there will be a SearchIO package that we'd update and release when needed? Is there any move to split that off - I know we had settled on the idea that the essential bits of a core would be at least some sequence and blast/homology search parsers.

But would more 'exotic' parsers live in their own package or all things SearchIO would go together?

Glad to see this being work on Brian -- will also have to make sure to capture strand info which we didn't have to deal with for protein queries.

Jason