[Bioperl-l] query regarding bioperl installation

Muhammad Sohail Raza muhammadsohailraza at live.com
Thu Dec 19 21:22:54 UTC 2013

Hi,
I am trying to install bioperl on my system through CPAN. (Before that i have upgrade the CPAN through install Bundle::CPAN)

i run following commands
cpan>install C/CJ/CJFIELDS/Bioperl-1.6.1.tar.gz

it propmts an error i.e. "cannot fetch author/id/C/CJ/CJFIELDS/Bioperl-1.6.1.tar.gz" i checked my URL list also in the "conf.pm" and tried

cpan>force install C/CJ/CJFIELDS/Bioperl-1.6.1.tar.gz

but still failed.
please look the output of the error in attachments. kindly guide me how can i resolve this issue.

Best wishes,
sohail

Muhammad Sohail Raza
National Center for Bioinformatics (NCB)
Faculty of Biological Sciences,
Quaid-i-Azam University Islamabad,
Pakistan.
Phone: +923457887034