[Bioperl-l] Abot prot_param code :)

Joel Martin j_martin at lbl.gov
Fri May 4 16:54:46 UTC 2012

first, use bioperl-live.  the url for protparam has changed since
1.6.901 was released.

second, the example code is a bit off, replace the start with this,
it's just adding the
use lines and changing "my $pp = Protparam..." to "my $pp =
Bio::Tools::Protparam..."

use Bio::DB::GenBank;
use Bio::Tools::Protparam;

my $gb = new Bio::DB::GenBank(-retrievaltype => 'tempfile' ,
                                -format => 'Fasta');
my @ids=qw(O14521 O43709 O43826);
my $seqio = $gb->get_Stream_by_acc(\@ids );
  while( my $seq =  $seqio->next_seq ) {
    my $pp = Bio::Tools::Protparam->new(seq=>$seq->seq);
# it's correct from that line on down