[Bioperl-l] Saving Codeml Output file

Janet Young jayoung at fhcrc.org
Tue Mar 6 18:55:26 UTC 2012

Lorenzo Carretero Paulet <locarpau <at> upvnet.upv.es> writes:

> Thanks Jason,
> Ok, I see. That's what I was triying at the beggining. This runs OK in my
> scripts  for
> branch-specific models. However, when I try branch-site models (NSsites > 0)
> and try to parse the results using
> my $model_result= $paml_result->get_NSSite_results
> I start to have problems.
>
> That's why I was trying to save the mlc output file and parse it, instead of
> parsing directly the Bio::Tools::Phylo::PAML object.

Hi Lorenzo,

I just ran into a similar issue (trying to save the output files
for debugging purposes) and found your email thread.  I managed
to retrieve the output files by adding this code (after the
"$codeml_factory->run" step).

my $tempdir = $codeml_factory->tempdir;
system("cp $tempdir/* .");

Maybe that'll help me debug some issues I'm having with parsing a minority of
my paml runs - we'll see. It might be beyond my skills.

Janet